Sunday 27 May 2012

an absolutely amazing surprise

So, when I first started this blog, I was expecting it to be all about our IVF journey.
I was up for hours making it perfect, changing the details of the page countless times.
I finally forced myself to go to sleep at about 2.30am on Saturday the 19th.

That morning I woke up at around 9am, I would have been 9 or 10 days past ovulation.
Having no hope at all for this cycle, I went to the bathroom & used a pregnancy test just for fun.
I left it sitting on the washing machine for 2 hours before I finally remembered it was there and decided to have a look...
I picked it up and to my absolute surprise there were 2 pink lines on it.
One was incredibly faint, but definitely there.
Now the golden rule when it comes to pregnancy tests is:

"DONT look at it after 10 minutes because it means absoltely nothing".
So the only thing i could do was take another test, I took 2 actually.
One internet test & one first response.
I sat them on the desk in front of me and waited a couple of minutes before taking a peek.
Once again, there were 2 beautiful pink lines!!
I couldnt believe it.
Less than 24 hours ago I was so excited about starting IVF, and now our plans had changed again.
But this was the best change I could have ever imagined.

I ran in to the bedroom where Micheal was watching the racecars on tv.
I opened the blinds & turned off the TV, meanwhile he was so confused at what I was doing.
I jumped on the bed and shoved the test in front of his face.
The poor guy didn't know what to do or say, he just sat there with a big goofy smile on his face
Then after what seemed like a life time, he said, "really!"
I said "yes, see the 2 lines!".
Then he gave me a huge hug and I burst out in to tears.
Happy, shocked, excited & over-whelmed tears.

Later that day I bought a digital test, just to make this day seem real!

What an unexpected, amazing way to start our day!



2 (1 very faint) pink lines on a first response test!!



my positive, but very hard to see, internet tests

our dreams really are coming true!


the smile on my face says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment