Sunday 27 May 2012

a bit of a scare

I woke up early on Monday morning and made an appointment at the doctor.
A new doctor. The thought of a new doctor to me is scary & exciting all at the same time.
I don't know if I'm just fussy with doctors, or if I've had really bad luck at finding a good one.

My appointment was at 10.15.
I made it there just in time after circling the shopping center a few times trying to find it.
I sat on the couch with butterflies in my stomach. I felt sick with nerves.
I watched as doctors called in their patients wondering which doctor would be mine.
At about 11am it was finally my turn.
She asked lots of questions, checked my blood pressure & made me feel welcome.
I was happy, so happy to finally find a doctor who cared.

She said she wanted to see me in about a week just to make sure everything was going okay.
But as it turned out I was back to see her that afternoon.

Id gone to the bathroom and saw some very light spotting.
I wasn't scared because I knew this was perfectly normal, but went to see the doctor just in case.

She checked my cervix and thankfully informed me that it was tightly closed and then sent me for the dreaded blood tests.
I was to have a blood test today and another 48 hours later to check if my HCG was rising at an appropriate rate.

So fast forward 48 hours and I was back at pathology again for another blood test.
Micheal decided to come with me this time which was incredibly lucky because the nurse missed my vein and was wriggling the needle around in my arm which caused some pain!
I got straight up and walked out as soon as the nurse was finished.
I only just made it to the car before falling in to my seat.
I was losing me sight & my hearing.
But I knew what I had to do to prevent myself from fainting.
water & cold aircon
After what felt like hours, but was only minutes, I was back to my normal self again.

So, the wait was on.

My weekly appointments:
Monday 21st, 4:00pm - blood test at the doctor
Wednesday 23rd, 4:00 pm - blood test at the doctor
Thursday 24th, 7:30am - blood test at the fertility center
Thursday afternoon - BLOOD TEST RESULTS!!


The nurse from the fertility center called me at 2.30.
She said "congratulations your test was positive and Im very happy to tell you that your HCG was 292 and progesterone was 44.

Only an hour later I received my results from the doctor.
At my first blood test my HCG was 47 and at the second test it was 180.
Which meant it had increased by almost 4 times!!
Pure relief.
I was so excited to tell Micheal the news



No comments:

Post a Comment